Friday, August 31, 2018

Book Review: Heinous, Atrocious & Cruel

Heinous, Atrocious & Cruel: The Casebook of a Death Penalty Attorney
By Terrence M. Lenamon with Brooke Terpening



I found out about this book at a seminar that I attended for trial lawyers in the fall of 2017. Terence Lenamon was one of our speakers, and had such powerful stories to tell about his work that I knew that I needed to buy his book. I picked this up on Kindle, and made a point to read only one chapter in a sitting so that I could really think about each of the stories. Each chapter is a story of Terence's interactions with former clients who were charged with murder and facing the death penalty. It was equal parts heartbreaking (for the victims of the crimes and for the defendants), and inspiring (in reminding me that clients are real people with real life stories and circumstances that have to be considered). I recommend this for lawyers and non-lawyers alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment