Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Book Review: Rogue Lawyer

Rogue Lawyer
by John Grisham



I read this book to fulfill a reading challenge category of a book where the protagonist has your occupation. Fulfilling this particular challenge wasn't difficult, as there are plenty of books about lawyers. As I've mentioned before I'm a fan of Grisham, and have read nearly everything that he's published. It starts out very gritty and dark, with a criminal defense attorney who takes on extremely difficult cases that no one else will touch. It later turns a bit, as the character becomes more likeable and human. Ultimately, this wasn't my favorite Grisham novel, as some of the critiques of prosecutors felt over the top (I work with a lot of prosecutors who are reasonable and good people), but as a defense attorney I could also relate to some of what he dealt with. So overall, a good book like his others, but not my favorite of everything he's written.

No comments:

Post a Comment